Protect Your Hair from Winter Dryness
While the winter months can bring so many warm and cozy memories, the cold temperatures are likely causing your hair’s breakage, frizz and overall damage. Not to worry, Fox Fam 💝 We’ve weathered this storm before and we’ve compiled a list of some of our favorite ways to protect hair from winter dryness!
Healthy hair starts from within. Nourishing your body with the proper nutrients has SO many benefits, including improving the overall health of your hair. Below, you will find a list of ways that you can fuel your hair, using the following foods (vegan options for each are also listed)
- Protein: Your hair is made up of protein, so it’s extremely important to include lots of it into your daily routine. Doing so will prevent hair loss and breakage. Some remedies include: nuts, chicken, turkey, fish, eggs, beans, tofu, quinoa and chickpeas.
- Omega-3: For itchy and dry scalp, you’ll want to incorporate healthy fatty acids to achieve a hydrated scalp and shiny hair. Some remedies include: fish, avocado, pumpkin seeds, walnuts
- Vitamin C: Looking for more strength and growth for your hair? This is going to be your holy grail, as it produces collagen to really strengthen the hair and allow it to grow at a faster rate. Some remedies include: oranges, blueberries, broccoli, papaya, strawberries, sweet potatoes (add almonds and cashews to get some Vitamin E for dry hair, as well.
- Iron- Great for hair loss! Some remedies include: spinach, lentils and broccoli
Now that we’ve got a grasp on how these nutrients can kick start your hair’s health, let’s talk about more common ways to protect and heal your hair from the cold!
Shampoo and Conditioner: A good hair care routine should start with a good wash. Not to brag (okay, maybe a little) but our Resurrected Set is fully packed with amino acids & antioxidants to restore elasticity and soothe the scalp. However, we would advise customers to wash less frequently in the winter, to avoid stripping the hair of moisture and oil.
Hair Wraps: If you notice your hair is brittle and difficult to style after it’s been washed, it’s likely that the hair is lacking moisture. Giving your hair a break from your blow dryer and using a hair wrap will reduce frizz and breakage. Here is the link to one we’ve been loving!
Hair Serum: Whether you like a milky or a glossy hair serum, we have some of the BEST recommendations to seal that hair and strengthen dry, brittle strands. As you may know, our Money Hunny was designed to help ALL hair types achieve their best hair yet by reducing frizz, repairing AND retaining color. Did we mention how dreamy it smells? 🤤 For a scalp focused serum, I recommend this one from Ouai! With its ability to reduce scalp discomfort and create the appearance of thicker hair, this is surely a match made in hair heaven!
Leave in Conditioner: Leave In Conditioner detangles, hydrates and fights frizz. This one from Ouai is my go to!
Hair Mask: If you haven’t tried our Ultra-Hydrating Pool Party Foaming Hair Mask yet, your hair is missing out! With healthy antioxidants, omegas and all natural oils, your hair will be revived in no time! Did you know that there are 4 ways you can use our Pool Party Foaming Hair Mask?
- A pre-shower hair mask: Apply to dry hair and leave it for 10 minutes, then rinse and condition.
- An amplified conditioner: Use in place of your conditioner after shampooing.
- Wet styling: Apply a generous amount to dry hair to give a full-bodied wet styled/slicked back look. Hydrates and conditions hair while holding your hairstyle in place.
- Condition dry ends: Add a small amount to dried ends for a boost of hydration.
*Pool Party is only available to ship in the contiguous United States*
Trimming: If all else fails, your hair may simply be in need of a little trim (½ inch - 2 inches should be plenty). In general, this is essential for healthy hair, regardless of the season, so I highly recommend doing this as the winter approaches.
While all these tips will be helpful year round, your hair will definitely thank you for giving it that extra T.L.C. during these chilly winter months.
Do you have any questions or concerns? We want to hear from you! Let us know below! 👇