By Thuy Pham
Chef and Owner of Mama Dut Foods
The holidays always bring out the baker in me! One of my favorite things to make are cookies because they can be prepped in advance and baked off as needed. This cookie recipe has quickly become a favorite in my household. The warm sweetness of the brown sugar and marshmallows compliments the brightness & subtle tart of the cranberries. While the crunch and saltiness of the pretzels offers a playful texture and elevates the sweetness with the added salt and msg. It's definitely a fan favorite and my friends & family all look forward to getting a mason jar of them at holiday gatherings.
Serves 4-6 people
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened to room temperature (not melted)
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon msg (optional)
- 3/4 cup vegan white chocolate chips
- 1 cup broken pretzel pieces
- 1 cup of vegan marshmallows
- 3/4 cup of dried cranberries
Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
Combine flaxseed and water in a small bowl and set aside for it to bloom.
In a large bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt and msg. Stir with whisk to mix and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until creamy. About 2-4 mins.
Add vanilla and your bloomed flaxseed and mix well.
Slowly add flour mixture to your wet batter and stir or mix on low until combined.
Add in your toppings and stir until combined.
Roll your dough into balls, 2 tablespoons per ball of dough. Place dough balls onto your cookie sheet and refrigerate for 4 hours or freeze for 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees prior to baking. Remove cookie dough from fridge or freezer and put into preheated oven. Bake for 10-12 mins.
Remove from the oven and allow cookies to cool for at least 30 mins before moving them onto a cooling rack. Enjoy!