To inspire you to keep fighting:
Whose Streets (Hulu)
- First hand accounts from the Ferguson riots and what they endured while fighting for justice.
Pursuit of Happyness (Netflix)
- Based on a true story about a man who is willing to fight through anything to provide for his son and give him a better life.
First Match (Netflix)
- Despite her difficult upbringing, Monique finds an unlikely outlet to keep her off the streets.
LGBTQ Pride Movies:
- An emotional drama about a young kid living in a crime ridden neighborhood discovering his sexuality over the years.
Alex Strangelove (Netflix)
- A high school senior is planning to lose his virginity to his girlfriend, until he meets a new boy from the other side of town.
The Half of It (Netflix)
- An introverted high school student assists one of the school jocks to get a girl, who she also secretly has feelings for.
Freak Show (Hulu)
- Despite going to a conservative high school, one teen decides to run for Homecoming Queen.
The story of LGBTQ and musical icon Elton John and how he became a superstar.
LGBTQ TV Series:
Feel Good (Netflix)
- A recovering addict and comedian struggles with her addictive urges and keeping them separate from her new found relationship.
Styling Hollywood (Netflix)
- Married business partners and power couple, style Hollywood A-Listers wardrobes, homes, and make them look fab.
AJ and the Queen (Netflix)
- A drag queen who has hit hard times, decides to take a cross country trip across the country in a van.
- In New York City in the 80's LGBTQ minorities were forced underground to enjoy their ballroom dance scene that allowed them to be themselves.
- Former first lady Michelle Obama talks about her life and her vision for the future youth in America.
- Explores racial inequality in the U.S and the effect it has had and continues to have on African Americans.
- LGBTQ minority youth are able to find themselves through ballroom dancing and the family that comes with it.
LA 92 ( Netflix)
- In depth look into the 1992 LA Riots over the unjust death of Rodney King.
Important Black Films:
- In the summer of 1967, riots due to racial tensions tear through the city of Detroit.
Monsters and Men (Hulu)
- The aftermath of a police killing a black man and how it ignited a police officer and high school baseball star to stand for what is right.
Malcom X (Netflix)
- Denzel Washington depicts iconic civil rights activist Malcom X and dives deep into his fight for the black liberation.
For Colored Girls (Netflix)
- Explores what it means to be a black female in America and some of the challenges and obstacles that it brings.
- Despite his family's wishes, Elijah decides to follow his dream of becoming a master sommelier.
Important Black TV:
When They See Us (Netflix)- The story of five African American boys who were wrongfully accused and charged for a crime they did not commit.
Self Made: Madam CJ Walker (Netflix)- True story of an African American woman who started in poverty, only to become the first women self-made billionaire.
Time: The Kalief Browder Story (Netflix)- The tragic story of a Bronx teen who spent three years in prison, despite never being convicted of a crime.
Black-ish (Hulu)- An African American man who seemingly has it all with a beautiful wife and four kids, begins to question how culture assimilation has affected him and his family.