Although fading will occur naturally, here are a few suggestions things you should try to AVOID to get the most out of your color:
- Excessive exposure to water and/or sunlight.
- Frequent shampooing of hair and using Deep Cleansing or anti dandruff shampoo.
- Using alcohol based hairspray, gel or mousse and other alcohol based hair products.
- Saltwater (Beach) and Chlorine water (Swimming pools).
- Wear clothes you don't mind staining for the process of coloring your hair. Also use old towels you don’t mind staining for the process of coloring your hair.
- Apply protection cream or petroleum jelly around the hairline, around the ears and neck to protect your skin from staining. Avoid getting any petroleum jelly on hair because hair color will not be able to color hair with petroleum.
- Protect the floor with old towels you don't mind staining or use the newspapers or trash bags to cover the floor.
- Wear plastic gloves to protect your hands from staining.
- Rinse in a stainless sink if possible, some colors may stain white sinks and bathtubs.